- 7ouncescream cheese, softened
- 1cupsugar, plus
- 1/3cupbutter, plus
- 3tablespoonsunsweetened cocoa
- 3/4cupself rising flour, sifted
- 1 3/4ouncespecans, chopped
- 1/2cupconfectioners’ sugar
- 2tablespoonsunsweetened cocoa
- pecan halves, to dectorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square cake pan and line with parchment Beat together the cheese, vanilla, extract, and 5 teaspoons of the sugar until smooth, set aside Beat the eggs and remaining sugar until light and fluffy.
- Place the butter and the cocoa in a small pan and gently heat, stirring until the butter melts and the mixture combines, then stir it into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the flour and nuts Pour half of the brownie mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and level the top.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over that, then top with the remain brownie mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, cool in the pan To make the frosting, melt the butter in the milk.
- Stir in the confectioner’s sugar and the cocoa.
- Spread over the cooled brownies and decorate with the pecan halves.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »