- 1 1/2lbsbulk pork sausage
- 1cupunbleached flour
- 1teaspoonitalian seasoningor oregano
- 1/4cup choppedonions
- 4ounces slicedfresh mushrooms, if desired
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce
- 1-2teaspoonoregano leaves
- 1cup shreddedmozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain.
- Lightly grease a 14 or 12-inch pizza pan and dust with flour or cornmeal.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In small bowl, combine flour, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, eggs and milk; blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; tilting pan so batter covers bottom.
- Layer topping of meat mixture, onion and mushrooms over batter.
- Bake on low rack in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pizza is deep golden brown (Deep brown gives a crisp crust).
- Combine tomato sauce and oregano; drizzle on pizza and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »