- 1cupbutter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4cup packedbrown sugar
- 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1tablespoon gratedorange rind
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 2 1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1 1/2cupscranberries
- 1cupwhite chocolate chips
- 1/2cupwhite chocolate chips
- 2tablespoonsorange juice
- orange slices or cranberries(to garnish)
- To make the cake, grease and flour a 9″ tube pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl and with an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until light.
- Add the brown and granulated sugars, orange rind and vanilla.
- Continue beating until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add to the creamed mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, melt the white chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- Unmold the cooled cake.
- Spoon the glaze over the top; let cool.
- Garnish the top of the cake with orange slices, or fill the centre with cranberries.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »