- 1tablespoonbrown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2teaspoonrum extract
- 1/2cupwhole berry cranberry sauceor lingonberry preserves
- 1/8teaspoon freshly groundnutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce)brie cheese, at room temperature
- 2tablespoons choppedpecansor walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F Combine sugar, rum extract, cranberry sauce or lingonberries and nutmeg.
- Peel off top rind of brie, leaving 1/4″ edge (leave sides/bottom of brie intact).
- Place in pie plate or shallow ovenproof dish; top with berry mixture and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese softens.
- Place brie on serving plate; offer with crackers or toasted baugette slices.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »