- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1/3cupwhole wheat flour
- 3/4cup packedbrown sugar
- 3/4teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/8teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1egg, beaten
- 2tablespoonscranberry juiceor orange juice
- 1cupdried cranberries
- 1/2cupslivered almonds
- 1cup siftedpowdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoon finely shreddedorange peel
- 3-4teaspoonsorange juice
- In a big mixing bowl, stir the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, combine the egg and juice; stir into flour mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Orange Frosting: in a small bowl, stir the powdered sugar, orange peel, and enough orange juice to make drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle frosting over cookies; let frosting dry.
- To store: place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover; store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze undrizzled cookies up to 3 months; thaw cookies, then drizzle.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »