- 110-inch unbaked deep-dish pie shellor unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 (14 ounce)cansweetened condensed milk
- 4tablespoons firmly-packedbrown sugar, divided
- 1/4cup coldbutter
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, softened
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce)canwhole berry cranberry sauce
- Set oven to 425 desgrees.
- Bake the empty pie shell for 8 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice; pour into the baked pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of the brown sugar and the cornstarch, mix well (if you prefer a sweeter filling, add in more sugar).
- Stir in the cranberry sauce; mix well.
- Spoon evenly over the cheese mixture in the pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, cut the cold butter into the flour, and the remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar until crumbly.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden; cool.
- Serve at room temperature, or chill thoroughly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- ***NOTE***when baking the pie, it is advised to place a heavy piece of foil underneath the pie plate to avoid any spills, as it sometimes tends to bubble over the sides.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »