- 1 1/4cupssugar
- 1cupbutter, softened
- 3largeegg yolks, beaten
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 2 1/2cups siftedall-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspooncream of tartar
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Cream sugar and butter together until light.
- Beat in yolks and vanilla.
- Sift together the measured sifted flour, baking soda and cream of tartar then fold into the butter sugar mixture.
- Form dough into walnut size balls.
- Place 2″ apart on the cookie sheets.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake for about 11 minutes until the tops are cracked and just turning color.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »