- 1 (26 ounce)packagefrozen shredded hash browns
- 2cups shreddedcolby cheese
- 1/4cup mincedonions
- 1/2cupbeef stockor canned beef broth
- 2tablespoonsbutter, melted
- 1dashgarlic powder
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the frozen hash browns, cheese, and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, beef stock, half the melted butter, the garlic powder, salt, and pepper in another bowl.
- Mix until well blended, then pour the mixture over hash browns and mix well.
- Heat the remaining butter in large, ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, spoon in the hash brown mixture.
- Cook the hash browns, stirring occasionally, until hot and all of the cheese has melted (about 7 min).
- Put the skillet into the oven and bake for 45 to 60 minute or until surface of hash brown is dark brown.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »