- 3largeeggs, lightly beaten
- 4teaspoonscanola oil, divided
- 3-5dropssesame oil
- 1smallyellow onion, sliced thinly
- 5ouncescrabmeat, thawed and drained or shrimp
- 1teaspoonlight soy sauce
- 1stalkscallions, chopped
- 1/2tablespoonred chili, chopped (optional)
- Lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat wok with 2 tsp oil and sesame oil.
- Add onion and fry until soft.
- Push to one side of the wok, add crabmeat or shrimps and stir-fry well.
- Stir in soy sauce, more salt and pepper if desired, then remove crabmeat mixture and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in the wok; add beaten eggs.
- Swirl pan around to spread the omelette evenly.
- When eggs have set, add the cooked crabmeat/shrimp mixture and sprinkle with spring onion and red chillies.
- ‘Fold’in the four corners of the omelette to cover the filling.
- Cover pan with a lid for 1 minute, then turn out omelette onto a plate and serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »