- 1/2cupmayonnaise(I use fat free salad dressing.)
- 1/2cup choppedcilantro
- 1/2lemon, juice of
- 6-8dropsred hot pepper sauce
- 2cupscornflake crumbs
- 1/4cup dicedgreen peppers
- 2tablespoonscilantro, chopped
- 3tablespoonsmayonnaiseor fat-free salad dressing
- 3teaspoonsDijon mustard
- 1teaspoonred hot pepper sauce
- 1egg(I use egg substitute.)
- 3tablespoonsolive oil, divided
- Mix the ingredients for the mayonnaise and set aside.
- If making day before, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix 1 cup of the corn flake crumbs with remainder of ingredients for crab cakes.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and form into cakes.
- Place the remaining crumbs in shallow dish and dip cakes into crumbs turning to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in heavy skillet and saute crab cakes until browned and cooked through about 4 to 5 minutes per side turning once.
- Add additional oil as needed to keep the crab cakes from sticking.
- Serve topped with the cilantro mayonnaise.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »