- 1 1/2cups sliveredyellow onions
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1cup slicedcarrots
- 1cup peeled cubedsweet potatoes
- 2teaspoonsground turmeric
- 2teaspoonsground cumin
- 1cup slicedsummer squash
- 1cup slicedzucchini
- 1cup choppedgreen sweet peppers
- 3/4cupcherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce)package quick cookingcouscous
- 1/2cup snippedfresh mint
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender; Add carrots, sweet potato, turmeric, cumin, and salt.
- Add water, bring to boiling, reduce heat; cook covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add yellow summer squash, zucchini, and sweet pepper; cover and cook 5 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, stir in tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous with opional salt according to package directions.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl; add vegetable mixture; stir gently, stir in mint, Serve Immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »