- 1/4cupolive oil
- 1/2cuponions, diced
- 2clovesgarlic, chopped
- 8ouncesisraeli couscous, uncooked
- 2cupschicken stock
- 1/2cuporange bell peppers or red peppers, diced
- 1/2cupcashews, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 2teaspoonsfresh thyme, chopped
- 2teaspoonsfresh oregano, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add diced onions and garlic, saute over medium heat until onions are almost transparent.
- Add the Israeli couscous and saute until lightly toasted in color.
- Add the chicken stock and diced peppers, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add cumin, chopped cashews and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the chicken stock is gone.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh thyme and oregano before serving.
- season with pepper and salt before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »