- 1/4cupbutteror margarine
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 2cupschicken broth
- 1-2bay leaf
- 2/3cup finely choppedcelery
- 1/4cup finely choppedonions
- 3tablespoonscooking oil
- 1lb slicedfresh mushrooms
- 2/3cuphalf-and-half creamor milk
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in broth until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute the celery and onion in oil until tender.
- Add mushrooms, cook and stir until tender.
- Add to broth mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, heat through.
- Discard bay leaves.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »