- 1-2tablespoonvegetable oil
- 1largeyellow onion, chopped
- 1green bell pepper, chopped
- 8ouncesmushrooms, sliced
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 4boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces(2 lb.)
- 1tablespooncurry powder
- 1teaspoondried ginger
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- 1/4teaspoonground nutmegor freshly gratednutmeg
- 2 1/2cupschicken stockor chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes, with juice
- 3/4teaspoonsalt, to taste
- 1/2cupraisinsor dried currants
- 1/3cuptoasted sliced almonds
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Stir/saute for 5 minutes or until veggies are softened.
- Add in chicken; stir/saute for 2 minutes.
- Add more oil if needed.
- Add in the next 5 ingredients; stir/saute until the chicken turns white.
- Add in stock, tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper, and raisins.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the flavors are blended.
- Serve over in bowls, over hot cooked rice if desired, and sprinkle almonds on top.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »