- 1 2/3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/3cupyellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 3 1/2tablespoons chilledbutter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2cup1% low-fat milk
- 1largeegg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bwol; cut in butter with a pstry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk and egg to cornmeal mixture; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 4 times with floured hands.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper; coat with cooking sprat.
- Pat dough into a 7-inch circle on prepared baking sheet.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges, cutting into but not through dough.
- Bake at 375 for 22 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »