- 4tablespoonsbutter, softened
- 1/2cup slicedcelery
- 2shallots, finely chopped
- 1cupcooked rice
- 8ouncescherries, pitted
- 2tablespoons choppeddried apricots
- 2teaspoons choppedparsley
- 1 1/4teaspoonssalt
- 3 (1 1/2 lb)Cornish hens
- 1/3cupapricot jam
- Preheat oven to 425°F In skillet melt 2 tbsp butter over med heat.
- Add celery and shallots; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minute Remove from heat; stir in rice, cherries, apricots, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Rub hens with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Fill cavities with stuffing.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast 15 minute Reduce oven temp to 350F roast 45 minute.
- Stir 1 tbsp water into jam; brush over hens.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180F, about 15 minute.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »