- 2-3lbscorned beef brisket
- 1headred cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/4cupred wine vinegar
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 1granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- Toss cabbage with vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Allow to marinate for one hour.
- In a large, covered saucepan, saute onion in butter until softened.
- Stir in cabbage and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, corned beef and season with pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Layer apple slices on top of cabbage.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour checking water lever from time to time and adding a little water if necessary.
- Add salt to taste before serving if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »