- 1shallot, minced
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 4earscorn(off the cobb)
- 1cupparmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauce pan sweat the shallot and garlic with a little bit of olive oil until cooked (translucent).
- Add the water and quickly bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in the polenta a little at a time until all the polenta is in the water (to prevent lumps).
- Turn the heat down to medium-low flame and cook the polenta until done (about 40 minutes or when the polenta’pulls’ away from the sides of the pan).
- Stir frequently so the polenta doesn’t crust on the bottom of the pan- this makes cleanup MUCH easier.
- In another pan sweat the corn until fully cooked, no colour, then remove from heat.
- When the Polenta is done fold in the corn and grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layout on a pan or into a mold and refridgerate until firm (20 minutes).
- To serve- sautes, grill, toss with flour and fry for croutons, etc– the options are endless!
- As an extra option- use 5 cups of water instead of 4 for a soft polenta- serve warm out of the pan and elevate it by adding some marscapone cheese, whipped cream, or roasted mushrooms.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »