- 1 1/2cupsyellow cornmeal
- 1/2cupall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsdouble-acting baking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 1/2cupsbuttermilk
- 1cupfresh corn kernels, including the pulp scraped from the cobs(cut from about 2 ears of corn)
- 1 1/2cups gratedsharp cheddar cheese
- 3scallions, sliced thin
- Grease a jelly-roll pan, 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1 inch.
- Into a bowl sift together the cornmeal, the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt.
- In a small bowl beat together the eggs and the buttermilk.
- To the cornmeal mixture add the buttermilk mixture, the corn, the Cheddar, and the scallions, stir the batter until it is just combined, and pour it into the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the corn bread in the middle of a preheated 425°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »