- 4lbssweet potatoes, unpeeled,cut into pieces
- water, as needed
- 1/2cupunsalted butter, cut into pieces,at room temperature
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 3tablespoonsself-rising flour
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1teaspooncoconut extract
- 1teaspoonalmond extract
- 1/2cup choppedpecans
- 2tablespoonsdark brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Have ready two 1 1/2 quart round deep casseroles/souffle dishes.
- Cover potatoes with enough cold water to over them by 1″ in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil potatoes for 30-45 minutes or until tender, adjusting heat as needed.
- Drain, peel, and then place into a mixing bowl and using a mixed, beat them just until they are smooth (without overbeating or they will get gluey).
- Beat in the butter, sugar, eggs 1 at a time, flour, salt, and extracts until well combined.
- Put half of the mixture into each of the two souffle dishes.
- Mix together nuts,the brown sugar,and the cinnamon and sprinkle on top of each evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »