- 1 (1 lb)package slicedsourdough cocktail breador rye bread
- 1/4cupbutter, softened
- 1/4cupDijon mustardor pesto sauceor honey mustardor orange marmaladeor raspberry preserves
- 6ouncescheddar cheeseor American cheeseor swiss cheeseor monterey jack cheese or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Lightly spread 1 side of each piece of bread with about 1/4 teaspoons butter.
- Place half the bread slices onto foil-lined cookie sheets, buttered side down.
- Top each with a dab of mustard and 1 tablespoons cheese; top with another bread slice, buttered side up.
- Bake the sandwiches, turning once, for 10-13 minutes, or until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »