- claussenkosher dill pickles
- 1 1/2quarts boiledwater, cooled
- 2dill flowers
- 2clovesgarlic, peeled and halved
- 1 1/4lbspickling cucumbers
- 6sprigsfresh dill
- 1tablespoonkosher salt
- 1/2cupwhite vinegar
- Put dill flower and garlic in bottom of a Mason jar.
- Add the cucumbers.
- Put sprigs of dill in center of cucumbers.
- Add salt and vinegar, then fill jar with boiled water that is now cool to within 1/8th of top.
- Put on seal and ring.
- Shake to dissolve salt.
- Set upside down on counter away from sunlight and heat.
- Let sit 4 to 5 days turning the jar either upright or upside down each day.
- Let sit upright 2 more days, then refrigerate.
- Lasts about 6 months.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »