- 1lbbeef sirloin steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 8ouncesmushrooms, sliced
- 1largeonion, thinly sliced
- 1garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4cupmargarineor butter
- 1 1/2cupsbeef broth
- 1teaspoonworcestershire sauce
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cupssour cream
- 3cupscooked egg noodles
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2 X 1/2 inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions & garlic in margarine in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are tender, remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown, I usually add more butter before cooking.
- Stir in 1 cup of the broth, salt and worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour and mix, then stir into beef mixture.
- Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 mintute.
- Stir in sour cream, heat until hot – DO NOT Boil. (You may not use all the sour cream just add gradually.).
- Serve over hot egg noodles.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »