- 6slicesbacon, diced
- 1/2cupcelery, finely chopped
- 2cupsonions, chopped
- 4mediumpotatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce)cans choppedclams, juice included
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce)canscondensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2cupswhole milk
- 1tablespoon mincedgarlic
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
- 1 1/2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1/2teaspoonparsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, saute’ bacon until brown, leaving grease in pan (shouldn’t be much).
- In a seperate pot, par-boil potatos with garlic powder (potatoes should still be firm), reserving 1 cup potatoe water in seperate bowl.
- Add to bacon, onion, celery and minced garlic.
- Saute’ until tender.
- Add clams with juice and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add soup, stir constantly as it will thicken.
- Add reserved potatoe water, bring to a simmer as it will start to thicken again.
- Add milk.
- Continue cooking until desired consistancy.
- Stir in parsley flakes.
- Add potatoes until desired firmness.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »