- 4 (10 ounce)halibut(no bones)
- 1clovegarlic, finely diced
- 3ounces preslicedsmoked salmon, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- 1tablespoonunsalted butter, room temperature.
- 1tablespooncilantro leaves, chopped
- 1tablespoonmaple syrup(or honey if not available)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Using a fine grater, grate the lime, lemon, and 1/2 the orange, being careful not to grate any white rind (it’s really bitter).
- Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Add citrus peel, garlic, and sweat for 1 minute.
- Add maple syrup, cook for another minute.
- Add juices of lime& lemon, and allow to cool in refrigerator for 8-10 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- Arrange halibut portions on parchment paper, or on oiled aluminum foil.
- Spread citrus mixture over top of each portion, then cover with evenly spaced smoked salmon’stripes’.
- Top sparingly with cilantro, cover, and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (15 minutes per inch thickness), or until flakes easily with fork.
- Note, I like to roast salted& oiled zucchini quarters with the fish (it takes about the same amount of time), and serve with boiled new potatoes& steamed green beans.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »