- 1/4cupolive oil
- 1 1/4cups choppedonions
- 2tablespoons choppedgarlic
- 4teaspoonsdried oregano
- 1 1/2teaspoonsfennel seeds
- 2 1/2cupsbottled clam juice
- 2 1/2cupscrushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 1cupdry white wine
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce)cans choppedclams, drained, and liquid reserved
- 1lb uncookedlarge shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6 ounce)cancrabmeat, drained
- 1/2cup choppedbasil
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano and fennell seeds and saute’ till onion is tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, clam juice, wine and liquid reserved from clams.
- Increase heat and boil till slightly thickened (about 15 minutes).
- Add clams, shrimp and crabmeat.
- Reduce heat and simmer till shrimp are just opaque in center (about 2 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- A teaspoon of red pepper flakes (which is optional) will add a nice spiciness to the stew.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »