- 2cupssour cream
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 1/2cupwarm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce)packagesactive dry yeast
- butter(NO SUBSTITUTES!)
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- Warm sour cream in large pan over low heat.
- Add baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water and add to sour cream mixture.
- Add beaten eggs.
- When sour cream mixture is warm but not hot, begin adding flour gradually to form a soft dough.
- Knead gently for several minutes on a floured board, then cover and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll out into large rectangle (about 12 x 16-inches) and then spread with a thin layer of softened butter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over buttered dough.
- Roll dough up jellyroll style and cut into rolls about 1 1/2- 2-inches thick.
- Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan so the sides are barely touching.
- Cover and place rolls into a warm area so they rise, for about an hour.
- After the rolls have risen (not quite double, but noticably)
- Bake at 375° for 20-24 minutes until golden brown.
- Immediately after they come out of the oven, spread with icing.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »