- 1ounce crumbledgorgonzola
- 1 ciabattaroll
- 2leavesred leaf lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2-3slicesseedless cucumber(if seeded, remove seeds)
- 4black olives, thinly sliced
- 1-2marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
- 1-2teaspoonparmesan cheese (optional)
Tzatziki Sauce from the Frugal Gourmet
- 2cupsplain yogurt
- 1smallcucumber, peeled,seeded,and shredded
- 2clovesgarlic, peeled and put through garlic press
- 1teaspoon gratedonions
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoonolive oil
- 1teaspoonfresh dill, chopped or1/2 teaspoondried dill
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- First, make the Tzatziki Sauce: Drain yogurt and grated cucumber in a cheesecloth lined colander for several hours.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and chill.
- Cut your Ciabatta Roll in half.
- Spread each half with about 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce,or to taste.
- Layer the roll with lettuce, tomato, onion, artichoke heats (if using),and olives.
- Press cheese(s) into the cut side of the top of roll.
- Place top half of the roll on the sandwich, cut in half and enjoy.
- I have also made this with Basil Tomato Feta and it is also good, I would think that blue cheese or goat’s cheese would be good also.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »