- 2 (16 ounce)boxesvanilla wafers, crushed
- 2teaspoonscocoa powder
- 2tablespoonslight corn syrup
- 1cuppowdered sugar
- 1 1/2cupswalnuts, chopped
- 1/2cupBacardi O rum(Orange Flavored Rum)
- extrarum, to taste (optional)
- powdered sugar, for coating
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside in big bowl.
- Mix corn syrup, and rum together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well with a fork.
- Let stand for 2 hours.
- If you like your rum balls super”rummy” you can add 1/2 cup more at this point and let it sit again for 2 hours.
- You can repeat the adding rum and waiting 2 hour step till it suits your taste.
- There is a good midpoint where the mix is not too wet and not too dry.
- Rolling the 1″ balls should not be a sticky (too wet) or crumbly (too dry) task.
- Roll into balls and then roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Store in sealed container.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »