- 1cupmilkor half-and-half cream
- 2tablespoonssugar(or more or less to taste)
- 12slices day-oldbread, crusts removed
- 3 (1 5/8 ounce)chocolate candy bars, halved
- icing sugar(to garnish)
- Prepare a 13×9″ baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Pour half of the egg/milk mixture into an ungreased 13×9″ pan.
- Arrange 6 slices of bread in a single layer over egg mixture.
- Place 1 piece of chocolate in the center of each piece of bread.
- Top with remaining bread; pour remaining egg mxture over all; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Fry sandwiches until golden brown on both sides; remove from frypan and dust with icing sugar.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally; serve warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »