- 2 1/2cupsflour
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1egg, beaten
- 1/3cupbutter, melted
- 1 1/4cupssour milk(put 1 Tablespoon vinegar in a measuring cup, add milk to 1 1/4 cup and let sit 5 minutes)
- 3/4cupwalnuts, chopped (optional)
- smucker natural redraspberry flavored syrup
- 1-2cupfresh red raspberries
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking, soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg, melted butter and sour milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Presentation: Place a pieve of warm bread on a small plate.
- Drizzle Smucker’s natural red raspberry syrup over bread and around plate.
- Garnish with fresh red raspberries.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »