- 1 (18 ounce)boxdevil’s food cake mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce)boxinstant chocolate pudding mix
- 1cupvegetable oil
- 1/2cuphot water
- 1cupsour cream
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1cupchocolate chips
- 1 1/2cupspowdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoonpeppermint extract or peppermint extract, to taste
- 2tablespoons crushedcandy canes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan- mix the cocoa with the flour so it doesn’t leave a white coating on the cake.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour- but check it after 55 minutes just in case.
- Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar with peppermint extract (to taste- adjust as necessary), then mix a few drops of hot water.
- Stir stir stir.
- If it’s too thick, add another couple drops of water.
- Drizzle over turned out cake.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes, if you got`em.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »