- 1loafFrench bread, cubed
- 1/4cupheavy cream
- 1/2cupcoffee-flavored liqueur
- 1cuplight brown sugar
- 1/4cupcocoa powder
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- 2teaspoonsalmond extract
- 1 1/2teaspoonscinnamon
- 6eggs, lightly beaten
- 8ouncessemisweet chocolate, grated
- whipped cream, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease a 13×9 inch baking dish and place the bread in the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, and liqueur.
- Using another bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the sugar mixture to milk mixture and mix well.
- Add the vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon to beaten eggs.
- Combine the egg mixture to milk mixture and mix well.
- Stir the grated chocolate into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture over cubed bread in the pan.
- Let the mixture stand, stirring occasionally, for approximately 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the milk mixture.
- Bake pudding for 1 hour or until set.
- Check by inserting a knife through the middle and it should come out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »