- 6-8largeyukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4bay leaves
- 1cupheavy cream
- 4clovesgarlic, lightly crushed
- 3sprigsfresh thyme
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoons of choppedchives
- Put the quartered potatoes into a large pot and cover them with cold water.
- Add the salt and 2 of the bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender; about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain well and remove the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, heat the cream, butter, garlic, thyme and remaining 2 bay leaves.
- While the potatoes are still warm, press them through a potato ricer or food mill into a mixing bowl.
- Add the warm cream a bit at a time, straining out the solids, until the potatoes are fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and gently stir in the chives.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »