- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/4cupswhite sugar
- 1 1/4cupsshortening
- 1/4cuppeanut butter
- 1 1/2teaspoonsalmond extract
- 1/2teaspoon lyewater(if available)
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- red food coloring (optional)
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add flour.
- Make three wells in the mixture, add the egg to one well, the lye wter, water, baking powder and baking soda to the second, making sure that the mixture bubbles as these ingredients are added.
- Add the almond extract to the third well.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Knead for several minutes, roll into 3/4″ balls.
- Press with forefinger and color indentation with red food coloring.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »