- 4clovesgarlic, unpeeled
- 2 1/4lbs vine-ripenedtomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbalsamic vinegar
- Tabasco sauce
- 1/3cupfresh basil leaves, washed well,spun dry,and chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small skillet, dry-roast garlic over medium-low heat, turning it occasionally, until skin is browned and garlic is tender, about 20 minutes; peel garlic; in a blender puree garlic and tomatoes in batches and force through a fine sieve into a bowl; stir in vinegar, Tabasco, best-quality extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste; Chill soup, covered, at least until cold, about 6 hours, and up to 1 day (after that, it will lose its fresh taste); before serving, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Enjoy the taste of summer!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »