- 1tablespoon mildsweet chili sauce
- 2tablespoonshoisin sauce
- 2tablespoonssoy sauce
- 2tablespoonsrice vinegaror dry sherry
- 3-4clovesgarlic, crushed
- 1 1/2teaspoons fresh gratedginger
- 3small freshred chilies, finely chopped,deseeded if you want less heat
- 1 1/2-2lbschicken thigh fillets or chicken breasts, cubed
- 2tablespoonspeanut oil, divided
- 2onions, halved then sliced in wedges
- 3/4lbbaby bok choy, shredded
- 2tablespoonsgreen onion tops, chopped
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a glass bowl, add the chicken, mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus, discard, cut asparagus in approx 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Cook, steam or microwave the asparagus until just tender, rinse under cold water, drain.
- Now drain the chicken from the marinade, reserve the marinade.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the wok and stir-fry the onions until going soft, remove.
- Heat the rest of the oil, stir-fry the chicken until just browned, add marinade, simmer for approx 10 minutes, until tender, probably less when you use chicken breast, stir now and then.
- Add the onion, asparagus and bok choy, cook until heated through and the bok choy starts to wilt (this wont be long).
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle on the green onions
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »