- 1 (15 ounce)canchickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2cup finely choppedfresh parsley
- 3tablespoonsfresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 4cupsmixed baby greens
- 1/2 thinly slicedEnglish cucumber
- 1/2medium thinly slicedred onion
- 1/2cupGreek yogurt or regularyoghurt, drained in cheesecloth till thick
- 1/4teaspoonground cumin
- 1dashTabasco sauce
- 4whole wheat pita bread
- Combine chickpeas, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and half of garlic in large bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine salad greens, cucumber and onions.
- Whisk yoghurt, cumin, dash of Tabasco and remaining garlic in small bowl.
- Add salad greens to bowl with the chickpeas and toss to combine.
- Season to taste.
- Cut 1 end off each pita bread and open to form a pocket.
- Using tongs, divide salad mixture among pitas.
- Drizzle some yoghurt dressing over salad in each pita and serve immediately cause these go soggy fast.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »