- 4largechicken breasts, skinned,halved,and boned
- 1/4cupbutter, softened
- 1tablespoon snippedparsley
- 1/4cupfines herbes
- 1/4cupdried oregano, crushed
- 1/4cupdried marjoram, crushed
- 2ouncesmonterey jack cheese, cut into eight strips
- 1 beatenegg
- 1/2teaspoonvegetable oil
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2cupdry breadcrumbs, fine
- 1/4cupdry white wine
- mincedfresh parsley
- Wrap 1 pc chicken between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap; Working from center to edge, pound with a meat mallet to 1/8″ thickness; remove plastic wrap, repeat with remaining chix, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter, parsley, fines herbes, oregano& marjoram; using half of the mixture, reserving the other half; dot some on each chicken breast half; place a strip of cheese on each; fold in sides and roll up jelly-roll style; Press edges together to seal; in a med bowl combine egg, H2O, and oil; Roll chicken in flour to coat, dip into the egg mixture; roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place chicken, seam side down, in a lg baking dish; bake, uncovered, for 20 mins; Meanwhile, melt remaining herb mixture, add wine; After 20 minutes of baking, pour wine mixture over the rolls; bake for 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender (be careful not to overbake).
- Drain, reserving pan juices; serve chicken over hot cooked noodles; garnish with fresh parsley; pass reserved juices with chicken.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »