- 1-1 1/2lbchicken half
- 2parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1headgarlic, peeled
- 2largeonions, chopped
- 5carrots, chopped
- 2zucchini, chopped
- 1/2cup choppedfresh parsley
- 2stalkscelery, chopped
- 2potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (3 ounce)packetchicken vegetable soup mix
- 1tablespoondried oregano
- 8cupschicken stock
- 375mlChardonnay wine
- salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken,parsnips,celery, potatoes,sweet potato,soup mix,oregano,paprika,chicken stock,wine,salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and debone.
- Return chicken to pot and simmer for at least 90 more minutes.
- Remember the longer this cooks the better the flavor will be.
- For a variation try adding a couple 8oz cans of chopped tomatoes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »