- 12ouncesCotija cheese, crumbled
- 4cupscooked chicken, shredded
- 24corn tortillas
Warm Tomato Salsa
- 8roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2tomatillos, chopped (optional)
- 1red onion, chopped
- 1cupfresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2jalapeno chile, seeded,devained,minced
- 1teaspoonMexican oregano(not as sweet as Mediterranean)
- 4tablespoonsolive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix 3/4 cup cheese with chicken.
- Heat tortillas one at a time in a very hot, dry pan’till soft.
- Fill and roll each tortilla, as its heated, with chicken/cheese mixture.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat a frying pan containing 1/2 inch oil to 350°F.
- Deep fry flautas’till golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve topped with Warm Tomato Salsa and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Mix all salsa ingerdients in a sause pan over medium heat.
- Saute, stirring all trhe while,’till it just starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat, its ready to serve.
- This goes great with Spanish Rice (my recipe 77908) and refried black beans (Di Neal 10614).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »