- 4chicken breasts
- 4tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 (4 ounce)cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce)cantomato paste, plus
- 1 (6 ounce)canwater
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce, plus
- 1 (8 ounce)canwater
- 1 (1 lb)canwhole tomatoes, plus
- 1 (1 lb)canwater
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- 3tablespoonsdried parsley
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
- Heat oil, brown chicken on each side for about 5 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large pot break up the whole tomatoes, add the onions, tomato sauces, water and mushrooms; bring to a boil, turn down heat and add chicken and spices.
- Cook uncovered for about 2 hours or until chicken is done and sauce thickens.
- CROCKPOT- If you prefer, brown the chicken and put everything together into a crockpot to cook, but allow more time for cooking.
- This is good served with noodles- rigatoni or otherwise.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »