- 3wholeboneless chicken breasts, with skin cut in half or2 1/2 lbsboneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2tablespoonsolive oil
- 3 1/2tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1onion, sliced thin
- 3/4lbmushrooms, sliced thin
- 1cupchicken broth
- 2tablespoons mincedfresh parsley leaves
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over moderately high heat until hot and brown chicken in 2 batches, transferring to a plate as browned.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet and sauté onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated.
- Add Marsala and cook mixture, stirring, until Marsala is almost evaporated.
- Add broth and chicken with any juices that have accumulated on plate and simmer, turning chicken once, until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Simmer mushroom sauce until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and salt and pepper to taste, stirring until butter is just incorporated.
- Spoon mushroom sauce around chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »