- 1 (16 ounce)containersour cream
- 1 (7 ounce)candiced green chilies
- 4largegreen onions, chopped
- 1/2cup choppedfresh cilantro
- 1 1/2teaspoonsground cumin
- 2cups dicedcooked chicken
- 2 1/2cups packed gratedsharp cheddar cheese
- 88-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 1 (24 ounce)bottle mildpicante sauceor salsa
- Butter 13 x 9 glass baking dish; mix 1 3/4 cups sour cream, chilies, green onions, 1/2 cup cilantro and cumin in large bowl; mix in chicken and 1 cup cheddar cheese; season filling to taste.
- Spoon generous 1/2 cup filling down center of each tortilla; top filling with cream cheese strip; roll up each tortilla, enclosing filling; arrange enchiladas seam side down in prepared dish.
- Preheat oven to 350F; pour picante sauce over enchiladas; cover and bake until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through, about 45 minutes; uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes; top with remaining sour cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »