- 4-5cupsfresh broccoli floretsor frozen broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2cupscooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1cupmayonnaise(Hellman’s is best)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce)canscream of chicken soup, undiluted
- salt and pepper
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 2tablespoons gratedparmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2teaspooncurry powder (optional)
- 1/4cup choppedcelery
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh mincedgarlic(optional or to taste)
- 2cups gratedcheddar cheeseor any favoritecheese
- 1 1/2cups crushedcracker crumbs(Ritz is best)
- 2-3tablespoons meltedbutter(or less if desired)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cook the broccoli florets until firm-tender (don’t overcook, otherwise the broccoli will get mushy when baked in the oven).
- In a frypan over medium heat, saute the onion, celery and garlic (if using) in the 2 Tbsp butter until soft; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the mayo, soup, lemon juice, cooked chicken, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and curry (if using).
- Layer the bottom of the casserole dish with the broccoli florets.
- Layer the chicken/mayo mixture over the broccoli in the pan.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Top with the buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »