- 1/2lbfresh spinach, stems removed,and washed
- 1largeonion, cut into rings
- 4boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 6ouncesfresh mushrooms, sliced(more if desired)
- 1/3cupdry white wine
- 1cupsour cream
- garlic powder
- 4-5ounces gratedsharp cheddar cheese
- Steam the spinach until wilted; drain and chop.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter; saute the onions until golden.
- Remove onions with a slotted spoon; mix with spinach, and place in a buttered baking dish/casserole.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to the skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (seasoning salt is okay to use) Brown the chicken, and remove to a warm plate.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter; then remove to plate with the chicken.
- Add the wine to the pan, and then stir in the flour; slowly add in the sour cream, and stir until hot and thickened.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and garlic powder.
- Place on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, for 20-30 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »