- 10cupschicken broth
- 3/4cuppearl barley
- 1lbmushrooms, sliced
- 3largecarrots, chopped
- 2stalkscelery, chopped
- 1largeonion, chopped
- 1mediumpotato, cubed
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 2cups dicedcooked chicken
- 1/2teaspoondried basil, crumbled
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme, crumbled
- 3tablespoonsfresh lemon juice, to taste
- Bring chicken broth to boil in large pot over medium heat; add pearl barley, mushrooms, carrots, celery and onion and simmer for 25 minutes; add potato and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until barley is tender; add chicken, herbs and lemon juice to soup; season to taste; simmer 5 minutes; if you like a thinner soup, thin with some more chicken broth.
- Note: If you want a’richer’ soup, add up to 1/2 cup olive oil to the stock.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »