- 1 1/2cupsdried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight and drained
- salt, to taste
- 2onions, peeled
- 2tablespoonsbalsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoonfresh rosemary, chopped
- 4tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the chick peas and place in a saucepan.
- cover with cold water and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- salt to taste near the end.
- Drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Mash the chick peas a little with a fork.
- In the meantime, steam the onions whole until tender[about 30 minutes].
- Slice and add to the chick peas.
- Mix together the vinegar, rosemary and oil with some salt in a bowl.
- Pour over the chick peas, mix well and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »