- 1largeportabella mushroom
- 2teaspoonsunsalted butter
- 1instant Oxo(Chicken stock)
- 1teaspoonplain flour
- 1cup cheapwine(plonk)or chianti wine(Whatever wine you have)
- salt and pepper
- Remove stem and skin from Mushroom.
- Slice stem and slice mushroom into strips.
- Saute Mushroom in Butter over low heat.
- When soft, pour wine over mushroom stirring occasionally.
- Let wine evaporate to half.
- Mix stock and flour in 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir mixture into simmering mushrooms.
- Do not bring to boiling, instead bring to light simmer and add dash of pepper and pinch of salt.
- When smooth and creamy, serve over Steak, Fried potatoes, or toast.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »