- 2 (14 1/2 ounce)canstart red cherries
- 1/2teaspoonalmond oil (optional)
- 3cupsBisquick baking mix
- 1 1/4cupsmilk
- In a large dutch oven, combine tart cherries (including the juice), sugar, water, cinnamon and almond oil.
- Bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, mix together the Bisquick baking mix and milk.
- When cherries have come to a boil, drop dumplings into cherry mixture by tablespoonfuls until all the dumpling mixture is used.
- Lower heat to medium and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes, covered.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »